Saturday, October 29, 2011

Why oh why would I make soap?

Short history.  A friend that just started a B & B in Fredericksburg, TX posted on facebook that she was looking for someone who could make soap.  She preferred goats milk. Well, youtube was my best friend.  Unfortunately, that let me to the "Cold Pour" method.  That used lye with water and natural oils and....well.  I figured that was to caustic to make in my little apartment.
Naturla Soap Bases from Bramble Berry
Courtesy of Brambleberry.com
As I was walking through a craft store, I asked if they had any soap making supplies.  Thus, I discovered melt and pour soap.   Not caustic and easy-ish to use.
On the shelf was the soap base, colors and a couple simple scents.  I wanted more natural stuff, but I wanted to see what it took to make the stuff.
My first soap.
I first made the soap for the B & B.  I used candy molds and made hand soap.  Then, I thought, "Hey, I could sell this."  So I got on my little lap top and made myself a label.  

I got assistance starting a website and here I am.  I have better molds and I can combine my colors much better now.
So, please check them out.  I think you will quite enjoy them and you will get softer skin and a squeaky clean. I know because I showered with one of my bars of soap today.

If you would like to know anything, I welcome your questions.

thank you,
Shane































No comments:

Post a Comment