Sunday, April 14, 2013

I saw Jurassic Park 3-D yesterday with a good friend.  The theater was a little over a third full with a row of chatty teeny-boppers  in the back row.  They were pleasantly quiet during the move.  Unfortunately, there was a couple behind us that seemed to think they were in their living-room!!  Seemed to have needed to talk about certain scenes, and not even in a whisper voice.  My friend "shhhhh"ed them.

So, what did I think of the enhancement?  There did not seem to have corrected or change anything to or from the original film.  The 3-D was very good.  It was fun to see, but I don't think it was all that needed!  You could, once in a while, see where they separated the elements.  Some of the arm or body movement looked like the flickering from an old blue screen element in the non-digital age.  I assume if you weren't watching, you could not notice all that much, but it was sometimes more noticeable than others.

The sound was amazing and I heard a bit more detail than I did before.  I've watched the movie more times that I can count, so nothing surprised me.  Many in the theater laughed at the great comedic parts, though it surprised me no one laughed at the "Pirates of the Caribbean" line.   I thought that was the best line.  If you don't know what I mean, go see the movie!!

Bottom line:  There is nothing like seeing Jurassic Park 3-D in a theater.  You can feel the footsteps.  The sound design is great!!

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/jurassic-park/




No comments:

Post a Comment